Can I have a child at play sign installed?

The City of Mansfield no longer installs "Children at Play" signs. The Texas Manual on Traffic Control Devices (TxMUTCD) which is a State/Federal Manual that sets the standards on which all signs, markings and signals are regulated, no longer recognizes these signs as acceptable to install because they are no longer enforced. Ultimately, drivers choose to ignore them and studies have shown that they do not have impact on speed.

Signs you may have seen in other neighborhoods were installed previously, when past manuals recognized these signs. The best deterrent for residential speeding is police enforcement. The Traffic Division of the Mansfield Police Department can be reached by calling 817-276-4700.

Show All Answers

1. What is a plat?
2. Who maintains FM 1187, FM 157, SH 360, and U.S. 287?
3. Who maintains the right-of-way?
4. Who do I contact if there is debris in the road or if there is brush blocking my visibility?
5. Who repairs streetlights?
6. Who do I contact for potholes or other minor street repairs?
7. Can I get speed bumps put on my street?
8. How can I request for the Speed Trailer in my area to monitor traffic flow?
9. Can I have a child at play sign installed?