- Community Resources Division
- Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Keeping Illegal Activity out of Rental Property
The Mansfield Crime Free Multi-Housing Program was designed to help residents, owners and the managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property. This program is honest, direct and solution oriented. It is designed to be easy, yet very effective in reducing the incident of crime in rental property.
The program utilizes a unique three-part approach which ensures the crime prevention goal while remaining resident friendly.
- Phase one involves an eight-hour seminar presented by the Police Department.
- Phase two will certify the rental property has met the security requirements for their resident's safety.
- Phase three is a resident crime prevention meeting conducted for full certification, and the managers will be granted the use of large metal signs for display on the property. The management will also be granted the use of the program logo in all advertisements.
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program will teach you:
- prevention and applicant screening
- how code compliance (preparing the property) can protect your rights as a landlord
- benefits of applicant screening
- tips to strengthen rental agreements
- how to become a proactive property manager
- how to maintain a fire safe environment
- how to develop life and safety awareness
Drug Nuisance Abatement
- Learn the warning signs of drug activity.
- Discuss actions you must take if you discover your resident's guest are conducting illegal activities on your properties.
- What is the role of the police?
- Learn about crisis resolution and the eviction process.
Property managers will receive a manual with additional community resources, along with fire and life safety awareness for residents, landlords and property managers. These materials are free and available at class time. There is no cost for the training.
THE ATLANTIC MANSFIELD
3251 Matlock Road
CEDAR POINT TOWNHOMES
1751 Towne Crossing Boulevard
370 N State Highway 360
LEGENDS AT LOWES FARM
1400 N State Highway 360
511 S Main Street
MANSFIELD ON THE GREEN
250 N State Highway 360
MANSFIELD PLAZA APARTMENTS
413 S Main Street
MANSIONS OF MANSFIELD APARTMENTS
400 N State Highway 360
PARC OF MANSFIELD APARTMENTS
420 N State Highway 360
REGALIA MANSFIELD APARTMENTS
350 N State Highway 360
VILLA DI LUCCA
1601 E Debbie Lane
1701 E Debbie Lane
For more information contact the Mansfield Community Resource Division at 817-276-4758.