Bills are rendered approximately every 30 days. Each bill is based on a meter reading taken one week to 10 days before you receive your bill. Check our Water Billing Cycle Map (PDF) to find out when you will be billed.
You will receive a two-part perforated bill. Return the bottom portion with your payment for the proper crediting to your account. The top portion provides a detailed accounting of your bill and may be retained by you for your records.
Your Utility Bill: An Up-Close Look
View an Example Utility Bill (PDF). The following numbers correspond with items on the example utility bill:
- Billing Inquiries - Contact information for Utilities Billing
- Account Number - Always include your account number on your check or money order; have your account number handy when inquiring about your bill
- Service Address - Reflects the address receiving service
- Service Period - Reflects dates covered by current charges
- Billing Date - The date the bill is issued
- Due Date - The date bill payment is due
- Current Account Activity - Reflects present and previous meter readings
- Name and Address - Reflects name and mailing address of account holder
- Current Water Charges - The amount billed for current water consumption
- Monthly Usage - Shows water usage history
- Current Due - The amount due for the current service period
- Special Messages - Check here for billing information, news, special notices, etc.
- Billing Summary - Reflects past due and current amount due