- Permits / Inspections
- Permit Applications
General Requirements All Permits
Mansfield Fire will no longer accept hard copy plans, submittal packages or permit applications and we will not return hard copy stamped plans. Please submit all applications for permits online. You may submit PDF drawings for review. Once the plans have been reviewed and approved and the permit fee is paid in full, we will return the signed permit electronically and it will serve as the approval for construction.
Please email all permit applications, submittals, and plans to:
- Instructions for payment of permit fees will be emailed once we receive and review the submittal.
- No installation or modification of a fire protection system shall begin until a permit has been issued by the Fire Marshal or prior approval from the Fire Marshal. See 2018 International Fire Code, Section 901.2.
- Issued Permits shall be kept on the designated premises at all times and shall be available upon request of a Fire Official. See 2018 International Fire Code, Section 105.1.1 and 105.3.5.
Standard Review Comments:
- Underground SLC Circuits are not permitted between buildings.
- Projects with multiple buildings shall have an independent, monitored fire alarm panel in each building, located in the fire riser room.
- Mesh network radios are not permitted. Communication with the central monitoring station shall utilize a cellular communicator with an exterior antenna.
- A 24-volt water flow alarm bell shall be installed on sprinkler monitoring systems. Bell shall be powered by the fire alarm panel and controlled ONLY by the water flow switch(es).
Projects that require a third-party review by a Fire Protection Engineer licensed in the state of Texas, are:
- New installation of a fire protection system
- Modification of more than 5 devices in a fire protection system
- Any system so designated by the Fire Marshal
Submit the third-party review with the permit application.
Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles
Mobile food preparation vehicles that are equipped with appliances that produce smoke or grease-laden vapors shall comply with this section.
319.2 Permit Required
Permits shall be required as set forth in Section 105.5.
You may contact Scott Lingo with questions about your project, Email Scott Lingo or 817-276-4770.
- Above Ground Storage Tank Permit (PDF)
- Access Control System Permit (PDF)
- Blasting Permit (PDF)
- Chemical Extinguishing System Permit (PDF)
- Elevator Install Permit (PDF)
- Emergency Responder Communications System Permit (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Install Permit (PDF)
- Gate Install Permit (PDF)
- Notice on Open Burning (PDF)
- Private Fire Line Hydrant Permit (PDF)
- Smoke Control System Permit (PDF)
- Spray Booth Permit (PDF)
- Sprinkler System Install Permit (PDF)
- Standpipe System Permit (PDF)
- UST Install-Remove Permit (PDF)
- UST Misc Equipment Permit (PDF)