Request Deferred Disposition

Deferred Disposition is the probation option in municipal court. The judge may "defer" or postpone the disposition of your case and place you on probation for a specified period of time, usually 30-90 days. During your probation, you must comply with certain terms and conditions, and if you do, your case will be dismissed and no conviction will be reported on your record.

If you were under 25 years of age at the time of the alleged offense and charged with a moving violation, you will be required to complete a driving safety course within 90 days as a term of your probation.

You may request Deferred Disposition prior to the trial of your case. You must enter a plea of guilty or no contest, pay a fee (usually equal to the amount of the fine), commit no other offenses during the probation period, and comply with any other terms or reasonable conditions the Judge may order. The fee is due at the time the request is made.

NOTE: Not all violations are eligible for Deferred Disposition. Contact the Court if you have question about eligibility.

You may be eligible for Deferred Disposition if:
You are not charged with an offense that prohibits Deferred Disposition (i.e. CDL, Construction Zone violations, etc.)


Request Deferred Opens in new window