Mobile Food Vendor
Mobile Food Vendor
You will need a Mobile Food Vendor (MFV) Permit if your business is a vehicle mounted, self-contained food operation. Your operation is a MFV if you store, prepare, display, serve or sell food. This would be for businesses like food trucks, hot food trucks, cold food trucks, and ice cream trucks.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - UPCOMING CHANGES TO YOUR MOBILE FOOD PERMIT
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2023
Due to a change in Texas Law with House Bill 2878, your mobile food vehicle may no longer need a Food Vendor Permit from the City of Mansfield.
After September 1, 2023, when your permit expires, the following are your options:
- If you will operate in Tarrant County within the City of Mansfield, you will renew your permit with the Tarrant County Public Health Department. This will allow you to operate within all of Tarrant County, including the portions of Mansfield.
- If you will operate in portions of Mansfield that are outside of Tarrant County, such as in Ellis or Johnson Counties, you will renew your permit with the City of Mansfield. You can complete the application form below and we will conduct and inspection and issue your Annual Health Permit.
- Within the entire city limits of Mansfield, we will honor either a valid Tarrant County Annual Health Permit OR a valid City of Mansfield Food Vendor Permit. You may decide which permit is the best for your operations.
You are still required to meet the Fire Inspection requirements and adhere to the Zoning requirement set by the City of Mansfield no matter which permit you apply for.
For Ice Cream Truck Vendors Only: A solicitor permit is still required in the City of Mansfield.
Check out this list of helpful links for annual permit, fire inspections, special events, and more:
- Annual Health Permit | Tarrant County or you can visit Tarrant County Public Health at 1101 South Main Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76104
- Ice Cream Truck - Solicitation Permits | Mansfield
- Mobile Food Fire Inspection Application | Mansfield
- Special Event Permit Application | Mansfield
Use the online forms below or download the PDF application and submit your form to Regulatory Compliance at 620 S. Wisteria St. Mansfield, TX 76063 or email the completed form to the department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application cannot be processed until payment has been submitted. Payment may be made by check or money order to the City of Mansfield, C/O Regulatory Compliance at the address listed above. If you would like to pay via an online payment link, please reach out the the Regulatory Compliance Coordinator at the email address above, or call (817) 728-3330.
If you are applying for a permit renewal, a digital payment link may have already been sent to the contact information provided on your previous application, please check to ensure you have not already received it. Permit fees must be remitted to the office prior to or on the invoice due date. If you do not pay by the invoice due date, you may be subject to late fees or at risk of your permit being denied or suspended.
The application MUST be completed before Health Permit(s) are issued. Once the permit application fee has been paid and the permittee is in compliance with all applicable ordinances, a Health Permit placard will be issued to the email listed in the Applicant Information or can be picked up at 620 S. Wisteria St. Mansfield, TX 76063. Upon issuance, the Health Permit placard must be posted in public view.
Mobile Food Vendor Application
To complete the Mobile Food Vendor Application, you must attach a copy of your Commissary Agreement and Approval Form, valid Driver's License, Fire Inspection Certificate, and Mobile Route Sheet. If you do not already have your commissary or route forms, you can use the blank templates below. Please ensure you have read and understand the Requirements for Mobile Food Vendors listed below.
Mobile Food Vendor Permit Application (PDF)
Blank Mobile Route Sheet:
Mobile Route Sheet (PDF)
Blank Commissary Agreement:
Commissary Agreement Form (PDF)