The Power Cemetery is located 50 yards from Stephenson-Levy Road off F.M. 1187 west of Rendon. It is approximately 50 feet by 50 feet, and cannot be seen from the road due to thick brush. It is completely enclosed by a cyclone fence erected many years ago by Jack Beaty of Dallas, great-grandson of Isaac and Mary Power.
Isaac and Mary Jane Power were early Texas pioneers who settled in Tarrant County. Isaac died in 1866 and he was the first burial in the cemetery. Mary Jane died in 1925 at the age of 115 and was the last person buried in the cemetery. According to the newspapers of the day, she was the oldest woman in Texas at the time of her death. She died in a cabin high on the prairie that had been her home for 58 years. She was placed in a simple wooden coffin and carried to the cemetery by wagon.
Power Cemetery contains the graves of the Power, Grimsley, Graham, Beaty and Roberts families - all descendants of Isaac and Mary Jane Power. Six of the graves are infants and children, a grim reminder of the painful risks associated with the birth and care of children in the days before modern medicine. The cemetery is a monument to the courage and determination of the pioneers who brought civilization to the wilderness of early Tarrant County, Texas.