Fire Prevention Division
Prevention & Preparedness
Fire Prevention is dedicated to the prevention of fires and preparedness for emergencies through education, inspections, investigations and emergency readiness in consideration of fire or life safety, as well as, the economic impact of emergencies.
This division provides numerous services to the citizens and business community of Mansfield that include:
- Construction and new development
- Fire code inspections
- Fire investigations
- Public safety education
- Fire protection and alarm systems require inspection and tests
- Final or Certificate of Occupancy inspections are required prior to moving in
You may request your inspection online.
A permit is required for:
- Above ground storage tanks
- Access control device installation
- Chemical extinguishing system
- Day care/child care
- Elevator installation
- Fire alarm installation
- Fire sprinkler system installation
- Gate installation
- Private fire lines
- Smoke control system installation
- Spray booth installation
- Standpipe system
- Underground storage tank installation/removal
• Permit fees must be submitted with the Permit Application.
• Required plans should be folded not rolled.
• Projects that require a third-party review by a Fire Protection Engineer licensed in the state of Texas, are:
- New installation of a fire protection system
- Modification of more than five devices in a fire protection system
- Any system so designated by the Fire Marshal
Submit the third party review with the permit application. You may contact Scott Lingo with questions about your project,or call 817-276-4770.