With some of the most beautiful parks in DFW, it's only natural that you want to capture their beauty! Many of our parks are used for a variety of photography sessions and styles from family photos to wildlife and nature.
Here a few things you need to know before heading out to your favorite park to snap a few shots:
- You do not need a permit to photograph in Mansfield parks.
- You are welcome to bring and use props as long as you ensure that they can be completely removed upon leaving.
- No sidewalk chalk, silly string, confetti eggs, piñatas or water balloons. Please only use biodegradable materials.
One of the most popular times of year for photography in Mansfield's parks is bluebonnet blooming season. A popular spot is at Elmer W. Oliver Nature Park, which has wildflower blooming areas spaced throughout the park.
- There are signs and stepping stones in the large bluebonnet patches at Oliver Nature Park specifically for citizens to use for pictures.
- Please DO NOT step on any bluebonnets. Once they have been crushed they will not bloom again. Help us preserve our bluebonnets!
Be sure to also check out Visit Mansfield's Top 5 Photo Spots in the City!